Market Research Analyst
As market research analyst you will be responsible for identifying trends, relationships and in the market and be able to interpret result, which will enable actionable decision making for the clients.
Position is for part time contract work only.
Please note this opportunity is for contract/per project work with the Breakthrough team on projects which require data collection, content analysis and developing the insights based on findings.
Breakthrough is looking for self-starting research analyst with the who will be engaged on multiple projects throughout the year and will be supporting on each by a research lead from the Breakthrough team who specializes in the industry of work.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the research process as described in the key responsibilities below including updating and developing new and existing datasets and reports for the consumer industries covered.
Our research addresses the following types of questions in order to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- What are the consumption patterns for tea across the lower end of the market? Where do they buy the tea from? How have these purchasing methods changed since COVID?
- What are the business challenges for the organization? What is the expansion plans of the business? What is the role of digitalization in your expansion plans?
- It there a potential space in the healthy snack category in Sri Lanka? What are the consumption spaces that are available? Is there room for a fortified healthy snack in the Sri Lankan market?
- What are the business challenges for the organization in catering to the export market? Where are the opportunities in the export market? How should the product be developed to fit into the needs of the export market?
- Primary research (Consumer interviewing), direct contact with companies and industry bodies to enhance quantitative and qualitative information available in the public domain.
- Quickly digest and understand information in various formats covering a range of industries.
- Visiting retail stores to gather product information (e.g., pricing, availability).
- Secondary research on industry/company sources, for personal use and for dissemination.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data/information and as a result of client queries.
- To build analysis and recommendations based on the information available and supported by your own additional research when necessary.
- To support project managers to create high quality / client ready research outcomes through presentation.
- Strong communication skills - conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of the role; applicants with sales background and cold-calling background are also welcome.
- Minimum availability of 30 hours per week when actively engaged on a project.
- Fluency in English and Sinhala/Tamil local languages, for both speaking and writing.
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information, especially through consumer/trade interviews, and keen attention to detail when comparing information across multiple sources.
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills.
- High level of numeracy - Ability to work with, analyze, and interpret data.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Previous experience working remotely or on a project basis.
Send us your Resume on or before : 30/06/2022